Music is best learned if informal music guidance is begun as early in life as possible. Children are guided by their teachers, parents and caregivers to develop music skills through fun, playful, socially interactive music activities that include singing, chanting and moving.
Older children are introduced to a variety of music instruments. The goal of the program is to help children increase their music aptitudes and develop initial music skills that prepare them for a lifetime of music enjoyment and appreciation. Learn more about children’s music responses.
Music Play Fall 2020
Socially-distanced – Outdoor Music Fun Under the Big White Tent!
Child/adult participants should not attend class if either is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or other signs of illness.
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Classes will meet under the big white tent next to UofSC School of Music (813 Assembly
Classes begin Saturday, October 3 and end on Saturday, November 7, 2020.
A make-up class will be held on Saturday November 14, 2020.
Saturday, 10:00–10:30 a.m. Ages, Newborn-2.5 years.
Saturday, 11:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Ages, 2.5-4 years
Class Guidelines & Requirements
• Each class must be limited to 7 child/adult pairs.
• Each child must be accompanied by one adult.
• No child may be accompanied by more than one adult.
• Social distancing must be maintained throughout each class.
• Each child/adult pair must maintain 6’ of distance from other child/adult pairs at all times.
• Each adult must wear a face mask at all times.
• Each child/adult pair will be assigned a disinfected, 72”x80”padded blanket for seating and social-distance marking. Blankets will be changed between classes to ensure cleanliness.
• Each adult must assume responsibility for maintaining social distancing for himself/herself and the child they accompany.
• Each child/adult is required to bring their personal UofSC Music Play Kit to each class. UofSC Music Play Kits are included in the registration fee and will be distributed at the first class.
$120 for 6 classes + personal UofSC Music Play Kit. Each UofSC Music Play Kit includes
two drums, 4 egg shakers, 4 bean bags, 4 jingles, 4 scrapers, and 4 scarves stored
in a UofSC Music Play bag.
Register and pay online for Fall 2020 Music Play classes.
If your desired section is closed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.
Refund Policy: Refunds must be requested by email to email@example.com. Refunds will not be granted after October 10, 2020. Refund requests made within the stated limits will be returned to your credit card, less the $25 processing fee and a charge of $25 per class that has been held. No refunds will be offered for UofSC Music Play Kits.