The prestigious Concert Choir has performed both near and far, performing abroad in such countries as Spain, Italy and Austria.
This ensemble meets 4.5 hours per week and tours during the weekend before Thanksgiving and sometimes during spring break. Foreign tours occur during the break between semesters or during spring break.
Our performances have included:
- One of 17 university ensembles selected to perform on the Mozart Bicentennial “Masses in Concert” series in Alice Tully Hall of Lincoln Center.
- Performed J.S. Bach’s St. John Passion for the Southern Division Convention of the American Choral Directors Association.
- Choir-in-residence for the Classical Music Seminar in Eisenstadt, Austria.
- Performed Handel’s Messiah in Spain in a series of concerts.
- Toured Germany and the Czech Republic, performing in the Thomaskirche at Leipzig, the church served by J.S. Bach during the latter part of his life.
- Selected members of the choir, along with the Left Bank Jazz Band, traveled to London and Paris to perform selections from the Sacred Concerts by Duke Ellington.
- Performed in Vienna, Salzburg and Munich.
- Toured Italy and Bulgaria presenting J.A.C. Redford's oratorio The Martyrdom of Polycarp.
- Performed in Beijing, Xian and Shanghai.
- Performed with several other choirs in a prelude to the Summer Olympics.
- Presented concerts with the Jerusalem Symphony under Lawrence Foster, Sergiu Comissiona and Krystof Penderecki.
Contact the Choral Office at 803-777-5369.