If you are interested in applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at the University of South Carolina, you will apply online using the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
- Students applying to the program must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Overall undergraduate GPA and GPA for prerequisite courses are considered in the admissions decision.
- In addition, the program requires GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and writing), two letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s clinical and/or academic skills, and a writing sample (see PTCAS application).
- Admissions interviews are not required.
- Volunteer hours are not required but are encouraged. Fifty (50) hours are recommended.
Our minimum requirements are a: 1) 3.0 GPA (prerequisite), 2) 3.0 GPA (undergraduate or masters), 3) combined GRE of 300 (with no less than 146 each section) with a 3.5 or greater on the writing score. If you apply with scores below this, your file will not be reviewed for admission. Note that this is our minimal requirements, please see the program summary for our average admission scores.
In order to be considered for Early Decision, applications must be submitted by August 15th. Follow the link for more information on early decision. The deadline for all application materials is November 1 of the Fall preceding enrollment. When November 1 falls on a weekend, applications are due on the Monday immediately following November 1. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Learn more about the PTCAS application process and admissions requirements.