|Nutrition Consortium Research Symposium||
Friday, March 20, 2020- 8:30am-3:15pm
|UofSC Alumni Center|
Become an Affiliated Scholar
Interested in becoming an Affiliated Scholar of the UofSC Nutrition Consortium?
Apply today! Faculty, Staff, and other nutrition researchers and practitioners interested in becoming an Affiliated Scholar should submit the faculty and staff application.
Students can now become Affiliated Student Scholars of the Nutrition Consortium!
Why become an Affiliated Student Scholar?
- Stay connected with faculty, staff, students, and community members who are engaged in nutrition research and practice
- Indicate that you are a UofSC Nutrition Consortium Affiliated Student Scholar on your resume, CV, and applications
- Affiliated Students Scholars are eligible for Nutrition Consortium scholarships and awards
Who is eligible?
Undergraduate and Graduate students at the University of South Carolina are eligible to become Affiliated Student Scholars of the UofSC Nutrition Consortium if they meet the following criteria:
- Formal academic training in nutrition or experience with nutrition related research.
- Sponsorship by a current faculty or staff Nutrition Consortium Affiliated Scholar.
How do I become an Affiliated Student Scholar?
- Review eligibility criteria.
- Reach out to a Nutrition Consortium Faculty or Staff Affiliated Scholar to request sponsorship. Affiliated Scholars are posted on the Nutrition Consortium’s Meet Us webpage.
- Students must complete the Undergraduate and Graduate Application for Affiliated Student Scholar.
- The Nutrition Consortium will contact your listed sponsor to confirm eligibility for Affiliated Student Scholar Status and application will be reviewed
- Nutrition Consortium will notify the student and sponsor of Affiliated Student Scholar Status approval.
|Office of Sustainability||Volunteers are needed to care for the garden, promote recycling and ecuate the community on sustainability.|
|Gamecock Pantry||This food pantry offers free food items to students with food insecurity. Volunteers canwork a shift in th pantry or do other administrative work for the organization.|
|Harvest Hope Food Bank||Help sort, bag, and stock food and distribute food to clients at the Emergency Food Pantry and Food Bank Warehouse|
|Salvation Army & Family Store||Volunteers help sort and organize donations at the Family Store, serve meals to the homeless through Transitions, or sort and bag food donations at the food pantry.|
|Ronald McDonald House||Ronald McDonald House provides free housing and meals to the familes with children in the hospital. Groups can volunteer by providing meal items and preparing a meal for th families at the house. Individuals may organize the pantry, prepare/clean rooms for incoming families and assist with other household tasks.|
|Senior Resources||Groups can assist senior citizens in the community by taking part in the Meals on Wheels program and delivering hot, healthy meals and pet food to those who are homebound.|
|Project 153||Each Wednesday night at 6:30pm, Project 153 serves a warm meal in Finlay Park. Volunteers help set up, pour drinks, prepare meal boxes, etc.|
|EZE Farms||EZE Farms provides urban farming apprenticeships for middle and high school boys to mentor them in faith, farming, and entrepreneurship.|
|Feed My Sheep Movement||This organization provides emergency supples, food, hygiene items, clothing and assistance locating housing to veterans, homeless, seniors, and families in need.|
|FoodShare||This organization strives to make it easier for families to have access to fresh, affordable food.|
|Hannah House||Assist with nutrition classes, developing better eating habits, disease/illness prevention and healing.|