I want help preparing for ASHA certification and the Praxis exam. What do I need to know?
- COMD presentation on ASHA certification
- ASHA Membership Information
- ASHA Certification Information
- ASHA Information on the praxis examination
- COMD Praxis Prep Workshop information
Literacy for Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs)
The University of South Carolina’s Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is offering a literacy course to help speech-language pathologists (SLPs) learn about their role in assessing and treating literacy disorders. The course, which consists of three, inter-related modules, is offered online via digital streaming video. The course can be taken to fulfill the South Carolina State Department of Education Read to Succeed (R2S) requirement. Click here for more information.
I want CEUs for ASHA certification and S.C. Teacher Certificate and S.C. license renewal. What do I need to know?
COMD is approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See course information for number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Our current CEU opportunities include:
This workshop is a self-study activity provided in DVD format to assist with test preparation for the NEW (5331) Praxis exam for speech-language pathology. This self-study workshop has been developed by the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of South Carolina at the University of South Carolina.
Information on CEUs:
- ASHA information on Continuing Education
- ASHA’s Frequently Asked Questions about earning CEUs
- S.C. State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- S.C. State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Continuing Education Policy
- S.C. Department of Education information on Recertification
- S.C. Department of Education - Certificate Renewal Matrix